OUR CORE VALUES:
* There is one true God, who is creator of all things, and sustainer of life.
* God created humans in his own image so that they could share in a personal relationship with him.
* Through our own free will, humans rebelled, or sinned, against God and severed themselves from God, and the relationship that God had originally designed for them.
* Because of Gods immeasurable love and compassion for the human race, He sent Jesus, his son, to live a life on earth, and ultimately satisfy the justice of God through the sacrifice of his life on the cross.
* Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah, the one prophesied about in the Old Testament, who came to offer a new, full, and eternal life to all who choose to accept it. Jesus is God the son, who made himself a man to rescue all of humanity. He lived a sinless life, was arrested, beaten and killed, and three days later rose from his deathbed in triumph over sin and death.
* Jesus offers a way of living that, if followed, will be a full life. Those who follow the commands of Jesus with their lives are his disciples, also called Christians, and together they are called the church.
* The Church is the “body of Christ” in the world today, and exists to partner with God to accomplish his purposes in the world.
* The Bible is the book through which God reaches out to his people. God calls the church to immerse ourselves in this authoritative narrative and to continue to faithfully live out that story today as we are led by the Spirit.
* The Holy Spirit is completely God and does the work of the Father and Son. The Spirit teaches, gives gifts, and transforms us back into God’s image.
* Salvation is by God’s grace, through Christ’s cross, and a result of the Spirit’s active work. It is received through faith. It is sealed in confession and baptism. It is demonstrated in a life lived under the lordship of Jesus.
* God has given His church special ways in which we can draw close to Him personally and enjoy His blessings. These include baptism, prayer, worship, preaching, communion, Bible study, spiritual gifts, fasting, and relationship with each other and Himself.
* Jesus will return to finally overthrow evil forever and to set up a new heaven and new earth where we can be with God forever.