Introduction: Genesis covers many “firsts”, but we need to remember that God was doing things before “the beginning.”
1. REDEMPTION PLANNED BEFORE GENESIS:
A. The Godhead Existed In Glory:
1) The nature of God is inserted (Genesis 1:26).
2) The nature of God is incomprehensible (Isaiah 55:8-9).
3) The nature of God is infinite (Psalm 90:2).
B. The Godhead Enjoyed Communion:
1) God extends Himself as family oriented.
2) God expresses Himself relationally.
C. The Godhead Envisioned Redemption:
1) A sacrificial death (Acts 2:22-23).
2) A sovereign determination (Acts 4:27-28).
2. REDEMPTION PROMISED DURING GENESIS:
A. A story line with a problem (Genesis 3:15).
B. A story line with a promise (Genesis 12:2-3).
3. REDEMPTION PRESENTED AFTER GENESIS:
A. Gradually revealed throughout time (Galatians 4:4).
B. Getting you back into God’s family (Galatians 4:5).
CONCLUSION: Before Genesis, redemption was in motion.