Introduction: Many of the tests we face in life are tests of faith and God allows our faith to be tested so that our faith can be real. God tested Abraham by asking him to sacrifice his son Isaac.
1. LOOK TO BE TESTED BY GOD (22:1-2):
A. Tests from God are expected (20:1).
B. Temptations come from within us (James 1:13-14).
C. Trials from God develop us (James 1:2-4).
2. LOOK UPON GOD’S PROMISES (22:3-5):
A. No hesitation (3).
B. No explanation (4).
C. No reservation (5).
3. LEAN UPON GOD’S PROVISIONS (22:6-14):
A. In the right place (6-9).
B. At the right time (10-12).
C. In the right way (13-14).
4. LOOK FORWARD TO WHAT GOD HAS FOR YOU (22:15-24):
A. A new approval from God (22:12).
B. A new appreciation of God (22:14).
C. A new assurance from God (22:15-24):
1) The promise restated (15-18).
2) The proof rendered (19-24).
CONCLUSION: With life’s tests, God is developing your faith.